Sunday 18 May 2014

A Tripple Tipple.......

or brick session as those in the know might call it.

Thought it would be good to simulate some duathlon today so I tried a 10k run, 20k bike and 2k run for starters.

I describe the run as a reasonable training run, just under 7 m/m so a reasonable pace. The ride was also good, probably more effort in this as I am trying to keep up the speed, even though I am on a MTB rather than a road bike. The last leg was a short distance so as to feel the effects of the transition from bike to run.

Transition from run to bike was good with no perceived difficulties. From bike to run was totally different. I expected a tough transition and that's exactly what I got. It was extremely difficult to turn the legs over as I had the jelly-leg feeling, which lasted for about 1 mile, after which running seemed to be more normal. I would liken it to the back end of a marathon, flat feet and poor running form. At first it seemed that my legs were not doing what I wanted to do.

Will I do more? and, will I enter a duathlon race? Yes, especially some Brick Sessions; and, not sure, we'll see if I'm still cycling once my back injury has cleared.