Sunday 7 September 2014

Swineshead 10

Race 

Time
1:02:59

Pos

Previous
2013
2011
2000
1996

Another warm day. From memory I think all my S10's have been warm and today was as warm as ever. Turned my ankle in a pothole as I was warming up. It was quite painful and I guess I should have not started the race but, as 'you do' I carried on; carved out a good time considering yesterdays decent parkrun (here) . I think I knew I'd be hanging on a the end and I was right.

This is what happens when you run on a sprained ankle!
Same time as last year but last years splits were so much better. Ran much of this, as I seem to most races, on my own; it was only when 2 Serpentine runners came past at about 7  that I focussed a bit and tried to keep up. I eventually caught one of them but not the other, but also taking another runner within the last half mile.