Thursday 1 January 2015

Last run of the year

The last run of 2014 ended my running year a little better than a few days ago. With a chesty cold it felt like the year was waning. Conscious of needing to run some 'double figures' nearer 15 to be precise I went out with  the intention of running my Melchbourne 13.1 route. Having realised I'd started wrong; by going upwards to Newton Road, rather than down to the A6 I thought it might be a good idea to run somewhere different. So, in Yielden I turned up the lane by the church and headed toward the old airbase runway;  Took as couple of sunrise snaps on my phone and headed down the runway and back - met up with Naythan, passed a few moments and headed home. Working out it could be 13 I decided to extend the route and try for 15 - as the Stava dowmnlaod shows,  I just made it.

Legs were tired - especially glutes and piriformis - never mind ,I recovered well.

Hope 2015 is good.